Logbook 16 & 17 Navex End of Module one
Saturday 14th of May 2016, Navex at the Glasshouse, Directions below.
Lots of notes taken for the Navigation today, was good to have our first clients for the navigation, slowly getting confidence, need to still work on the Navigation map reading. (only our second time doing Navigation)
A bit of team dynamics training (team building) Below Photos
Sunday 15th first Cert III tutorial – commencing Mod 2. Meeting talking about Module 2 at Kangaroo Point.
Notes:- Payment needs to be made,
Talking about future cert3 and cert4, activity planing, and weather.
Options of adding on things for the course Bush walking, Canoeing / Kayaking, Multi pitch
- Cert 3 Started today Sunday 15th May 2016 ( Module 2 )
- Cert 3 includes units in Wilderness First Aid (Long Weekend Monday to Friday date to be confirmed)
- Remember that OTJ ( on the job ) training is a serious workplace commitment and we will be counting on you to attend once rostered on.
- Remember our commitment and consequences re missing classes
- I have expressed interest in the following add ons Bushing walking $65.00, Paddling, Multi pitch (Need to get a quote for the rest added on later on.)
- I need to get a standard First aid cert for $95.00 extra
Training.gov.au – Module units
Funding for Cert 4 if you work in the outdoor industry
F = Forming, S= Storming, N=norming, P= Performing, Standard, Level A=Adjourning
Talking about Activity standards.
Basic First aid Kit:-
- Heat Rub
- Burn-aide Gel
- Woven dressings
- Panadol / pain killers
- Alcohol wipes
- Gloves/ Face mask
- iodine (to make water pure to drink)
- Snake kit
- thermal blanket
- Scissors/ Knife
Write a Plan, Portfolio of plans, 8clients abseiling at glasshouse, at KP , Glasshouse Climbing
Weather start learning and reading the weather, start to write forecasts for the next seven days and write the forecast for the activity days (weekends).
Lots more Notes in my hand Written Logbook if needed